Applying Design Thinking
Design Thinking is a human-centered and systematic approach to innovation grounded in the true understanding of customer needs.
Meaningful solutions come from deep insights into customer problems. Failures in solution delivery are typically not due to a team’s inability to solve a problem, but because they were solving the wrong problem. Design Thinking is a human-centered and systematic approach to innovation grounded in the true understanding of customer needs. With these insights, Design Thinking enables teams to envision innovative solutions and solve the right problem. This course will ignite your ability to drive innovation, create a culture that embraces change, and set a standard for creative agility. The experience is immersive, intense, challenging and fun, and raises the bar for how to run successful virtual team collaborations.
This course is a dynamic mix of short instructional lectures and guided, hands-on teamwork where you’ll learn through doing. In this course you will:
- engage in a process that places great customer experience at its core to envision a transformed future and a way to get there
- experience how you can be the catalyst for the creative mojo to generate innovation and move good ideas forward
- practice applying simple tools and techniques in ways that enable speed in innovation
- embrace the spirit of experimentation to mitigate risks and control costs
- learn how a relentless focus on the customer coupled with a bias toward action and radical collaboration enables a team to deliver meaningful solutions in record time
- Introduction to Design Thinking: This first module sets the stage by providing the framework of the overall course, an orientation to our virtual workspace, and readies each participant for the first stage of Design Thinking.
- Empathy: Engage with customers to understand their perspectives, values and lives, and uncover their true needs and motivations.
- Define: Create a focused and actionable statement that demonstrates you understand your customer’s true problem.
- Ideate: Build innovation potential by generating radical design alternatives and then narrow to one to take forward.
- Prototype: Make your idea tangible by creating a model that may be experienced to challenge your assumptions.
- Test: Solicit feedback to refine, validate and evolve your idea.
- Applying Design Thinking: This final module is dedicated to enabling each participant to take the practices and principles of Design Thinking just learned and apply them in their day-to-day work.
Certificate of Completion
7 2-hour virtual sessions held over 4 days
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is:
- Tasked with leading innovation or organisational change
- Working through digital transformation or adopting Agile working practices
- Wanting to upskill their ability to identify and create relevant, meaningful solutions fast
Gaining a diversity of perspectives brings a key benefit to the Design Thinking process. For this reason, it is especially powerful for cross-functional teams to attend together.
This course has been taught to everyone from C-suite leaders establishing enterprise strategies, to new agile teams just getting off the ground.
Where does the course take place?
The course is run using Zoom and Zoom rooms enabling close interaction between participants and instructors in an online video enabled live session.
Does the course include certification?
Students having engaged in all course sessions will receive an ‘Applying Design Thinking Certificate of Completion’. Certification cost is included in the course cost.
Is there an exam?
No. Completing the necessary course work to attain the certificate is designed into the course. It’s ‘learn by doing’.
Are there more levels?
Yes. Additional training is available focusing on mastering Design Thinking practices, becoming a Design Thinking coach, utilising Design Thinking for Product Development, as well as the opportunity to grow your Design Thinking practice through direct mentoring.
Does the price include VAT?
Yes, it does include VAT.
How can I pay?
You can pay via credit card. After you register and make your reservation you will be asked to complete your credit card details.
Can my company pay for my training?
Absolutely. Connect us with your HR or Learning and Development department.